- Authors: Chris Leo, Noelia Ruiz Martínez, Mesar Hameed
- Download stable version
- Download development version
Using this add-on, spoken text containing emoticon characters will be replaced by its more human friendly description. 86 emoticons are defined.
For example: ":)" will be spoken as "smiling smiley", or ":D" will be spoken as "laughing smiley"
You can take advantage of the following features:
When you are unsure of the characters for a particular smiley, this addon enables you to select and insert it into your text such as in a chat. Press NVDA+I, or from menu Preferences -> Manage emoticons -> Insert smiley, to open a dialog with the provided smilies. When you press OK, the characters for the chosen smiley will be copied to your clipboard, ready for pasting.
From NVDA MENU, Preferences -> Manage emoticons -> Customize emoticons, you can open a dialog setting to add or to edit available emoticons. This dialog allows you to save an emoticons speech dictionary with your customizations.
Pressing "Save and export dictionary" button, a file dictionary named emoticons.dic will be saved in your user config folder, speechDicts subfolder.
You can choose whether to Activate speaking of emoticons when starting NVDA. By default it is disabled. It is also possible to save your choice for this setting.
- NVDA+E: toggles between speaking text as it is written, or with the emoticons replaced by the human description.
- NVDA+I: show a dialog to select a smiley you want to paste.
Changes for 4.0
- If the Insert smiley dialog is opened when another settings dialog is active, NVDA will show the corresponding error message.
Changes for 3.0
- In the Customize emoticons dialog, it is now possible to specify that a pattern should only match if it is a whole word, according to speech dictionaries of NVDA 2014.4.
Changes for 2.0
- Add-on help is available from the Add-ons Manager.
Changes for 1.1
- Removed duplicated emoticon.
- Added some smileys.
Changes for 1.0
- Initial version.